Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fabulous Birthday Weekend!

This year my birthday was perfect! It fell on a Saturday this year and Tim did such a great job making me feel special and relaxed all weekend. He switched days at work so that he would have Saturday off but he still had to work Friday night. I fell asleep on the couch waiting for him to come home and he brought in all my presents from the car and woke me up with them. Since it was after midnight he said I could open them :) The first two things I opened were a LARGE bag of assorted candy (I have been craving chocolate all the time lately) and a People magazine (they are my weakness and he always gets me one when I'm sick or for a special occasion). Then he had me close my eyes and put this huge pillow on my lap! Whenever Tim has class and Juliet is taking a nap, I also like to take a nap :) And I also like to sleep across the whole bed. The pillow he got me is in the shape of a right angle so I don't have to rearrange all of his pillows hahaha. It is perfect and sooo comfortable, especially while being pregnant!

The next morning I woke up and got ready to go to the spa for my mother-to-be massage. I've never gotten a real massage before, and I don't even really like it when Tim tries to give me one, but this was HEAVEN. I was sooooo relaxed! And I'm pretty much hooked and will probably want one every year now! It was so nice to be out of the house and have an hour of just pampering. Tim was great and took Juliet out and she had so much fun with her daddy-daughter time. After they came to pick me up we grabbed lunch at the taco bus. I love this taco bus! I've had some pretty sketchy experiences at other taco trailers but this one is sooo good! Then we went on a walk and met up with Sam and went to Porters to look at fabric and other fun crafty things :) We got some cute flowers to put in our window that look so summery!

After our walk we took a nice family nap :) Then we dropped Juliet off to play with Carter while we went to the store and got some things for Sunday dinner and also a cheesecake to share with friends that night. We got home, ate a quick dinner, and had friends over for cake!

Sorry this post is so descriptive of my day but it was just the perfect way to spend my birthday! I loved every minute of it and I loved that Tim was home and able to spend the whole weekend with us. Oh and I forgot to mention that he did ALL of the dishes all weekend long! What a great husband!

3 comments:

  1. You are so great Amy!! I love how happy, grateful, and appreciative you are about everything! Who would have thought before marriage and kids that a trip to the grocery store without kids is SUCH a TREAT!!!! Glad you had an amazing birthday and thanks for the adorable pictures of your little one! :) Hope we can see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! Loved the pictures of Juliet and can't wait to hear her say "grandma"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Happy (late) birthday! You do get addicted to massages...Poor Tim has no idea what he's started! ;) Glad you had such a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete