Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hoppy

Juliet is so fun to listen to these days! She is starting to make a little more sense and say a few more words. The other day she started to say hi so now it is so fun taking her on walks to get Tim from campus because she will just say hi to the people passing us. Her other new word is "hoppy," which I think means happy and I don't really know why she says it but it is sooo cute! And she'll just whisper it to me and then laugh at herself and then give me a great big hug! Other words she is starting to say (or words she forgot and is saying again): bye, bath, darder (carter), daddyyyy, mama (grandma), chsss (cheese), gogurt (yogurt), yum, and she is finally saying no! She has been saying "yeah" to everything for like the past couple of months and she didn't know "no" so even when she didn't want something it was always "yeah." We haven't been super trying to teach her no but I think she is finally starting to catch on what yes and no are.

Yesterday we were having Family Home Evening and since Mark was out of town we had Whit and Carter over with us. After the lesson we decided to teach the kids ring around the rosie. They loved it! We really should get it on video because they were just laughing the whole time! Carter kept lifting his feet up and wanting to fall down but Juliet didn't quite catch that part of the game. But they both kept wanting to play so I think it was a hit :) I remember whenever it was my turn as a kid to pick the game on Monday nights, I always picked stand on one foot (which I'm pretty sure isn't a real game). But we'll have to wait a little bit longer for Juliet to want to play that one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment