Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cooking

I'm pretty much terrible at making regular, good, homemade meals every night for dinner. Thankfully I have Tim and he likes to cook AND eat so it's a win win for him to make dinner a couple times a week. Yesterday Tim was making something that his mom would make for him and I started looking through a church cookbook my mom gave me a while back. There were so many of her recipes and recipes of others that she would make that are sooo easy looking! It made me wonder why I always thought my mom used like 30 ingredients in every meal when she really only used like 6! I was always so impressed with her (and I still am!) but now I know I can be like her! So now I am determined to make yummy food for my family! Tonight we are grilling but I am totally making her delicious french bread to go with dinner. And then Taron's mom's banana chocolate chip muffins. And then maybe some cookies. Sheesh, am I pregnant or what?!

2 comments:

  1. I love the ward cookbook. It's fantastic, because you know that they're good stuff, if only because you've (I've) had about 50% of the recipes, either at someone's house, or at a ward dinner or something, then most of the others you can imagine that they will be good because you know Sister So-and-so is a good cook, and then there's the required "what the heck!" recipes. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, and Ami just gave me another recipe, 30min and it was so yummy!

    ReplyDelete