Sunday, June 6, 2010

This past Tuesday I went to pay our rent and I told our manager's that our shower drain wasn't draining. Tim would end up with a pool of water up past his ankle by the time his shower was over. They said they would have someone come look at it, so I called Whitney and asked if I could use their shower. We showered there all week and finally Saturday afternoon we came home and it was fixed! It drains so fast now! Our shower head has always been terrible as well because it's so old and only half of it would spray so that half was really powerful. It's sometimes really painful to shower and so I never thought of bring Juliet into the shower until we started using Mark and Whitney's shower and their shower head was AMAZING! It was so soft so I started having Tim help me shower Juliet with me. She LOVED it! She seemed a little confused at first but she would start lapping her tongue and lick the water and she really seemed to like it after a while. Tim and I thought about buying a new shower head after that but we whipped out this book his mom bought us called "1001 things to do with vinegar." Instead of buying a new one, we decided to soak ours for about 5 hours in vinegar and it worked like magic! It was so awesome we couldn't wait to shower and it was seriously the best shower I have ever had (at least in any apartment we've ever lived in).

Another fun thing that we did this week was trying to make our own bread. I made two different types one was a chocolate chip bread and the other was a light oat bread. The chocolate chip bread was pretty good, but it was a little doughy so I think next time I'll cook it a little longer. The other bread was really good and we might start using it as our sandwich bread.

Yesterday Tim and I went to the thrift store and we found a couple of great things! I got a super cute white skirt with yellow daisy's on it for 5 bucks and Tim got a really awesome pink dress skirt for 4 bucks, and it was Volcom brand! I'm kind of a snob when it come to shopping at thrift stores and I look for certain brands, because then I know they're the style that we normally wear.

We went to Wal Mart and Big 5 this week and bought some baseball gloves. I've never had my own before and Tim's was pretty beat so we felt like it was a good investment. Yesterday was pretty nice so we had a bbq with our neighbors and we played Bocce ball and catch with our new mitts. Juliet was having fun too with Dawna and McKenzie and I think she was happy to be able to play outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment