Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Weekend

This weekend we were really excited to stay home and relax for a few days and we had a great 3 day weekend! Friday afternoon we took Juliet to her first movie at the cheap theater. We went and saw The Last Song with Miley Cyrus in it. The movie was okay and Juliet fell asleep about halfway through but then Tim had to take her out for the last 20 minutes or so. I'd say she did a great job for her first movie! That night I also bought Tim an early Father's Day/ late birthday present. We went to Wal Mart and got Mario Kart! Tim had been eyeing it for MONTHS and we finally got it. Turns out I love it just as much as he does :)

Saturday, we cleaned the house and watched 24. We've gotten hooked on the first season (we finally finished it last night) but I don't know if I'll keep watching. It's a little too violent for me and that's no good when I'm up with Juliet at night. Tim also took me shopping and we used some of my registration deposit money to buy some new summer clothes. I still don't quite fit into all of my pre pregnancy clothes so it was nice to get something that does fit right. I guess i should really thank my mom and dad since I'm guessing they paid that deposit when I was 18 and applying to college. Hahahaha so thanks! We also almost went to Jeff and Amber's so that we could watch the kids so they could have the baby. But I checked my phone a little too late and by the time we were all packed it was just too late and we were too tired to drive 4 hours. Then Juliet started crying for about a half hour straight so then we were really glad that we weren't in the car. Thankfully they were able to get someone else to watch the kids. Later we had Justin and Dawna over to play Mario Kart and we played online with Jon, Joshua, and Audrey that night too. We have so much fun playing that I'm sad it took me so long to buy it for Tim!

Sunday was the usual. Juliet was pretty good during church and a lady in our ward made cupcakes for the Relief Society so I ate two of those :) We had a yummy dinner and talked to our families so it was a pretty relaxing day.

Monday was BBQ day! Earlier in the day we ran some errands and got some food ready for that night. Unfortunately it started to rain a little bit so we had to eat inside but the food was still delicious anyway. Luckily Juliet fell asleep while everyone was over so we were able to have a great evening with our friends. Juliet also had a cousin born today! Jetty Lee Moffitt was born around 12:30 ish that morning! She also has a cousin that was born May 19th Patrick Michael McFarlane. All we need is Lisa to have her baby in July and Juliet will be surrounded by all of her boy cousins!

Juliet has been a really fun baby lately. She just loves to smile and now she is starting to laugh. Today she was in her swing and was just laughing at the animals on the mobile above her head. She eventually went to sleep but she was being so cute! She's also growing out of her 0-3 month baby clothes because she is getting so tall! We'll probably have to wait until her 4 month appointment to get all of her measurements but that's only 20 days away! Her sleep schedule has also improved a bit and we're back up to 5-7 hours of sleep instead of 3. It's been great watching her grow and we can't wait to take her back to our homes to show her off!




She loves looking at her animals while she's swinging. And now she's starting to laugh at them which is hilarious when I'm not even in the room and I just hear her laughing.
Whenever we pull her up onto our laps she opens her mouth and heads straight for our fingers. I'm nervous for when this little girl starts teething!
Juliet has recently discovered her feet and she likes to pull her sock off.
Baby Juliet and Mommy :) Isn't she the cutest baby?


1 comment:

  1. Dad says hahaha, consider it your Christmas present. ps it's easier than mailing a rake or hula hoe! Mom says how much???

    ReplyDelete