Sunday, June 27, 2010

4 months old!

Last Sunday Juliet turned 4 months, which meant that on Tuesday we got to take her to her checkup to get her shots and everything. We learned that she weighs 11 lbs 10 oz (11th percentile) and is 25 inches long (77 percentile). The doctor said she is perfectly fine and that she's a tall, skinny baby. Well, when the doctor started checking things like her eyes and ears Juliet just started FREAKING out! She screamed like nothing I had ever heard before, except for maybe when she got her 2 month shots. We finally got her to calm down and then the nurses came in to give her the shots. Once again, she screamed and cried and we finally got her to calm down. Because of the recall on infant Tylenol we needed to go back to Wal Mart and get her some off-brand stuff. Of course it's out everywhere so Tim finally talks to someone in the pharmacy who says we can give her children's stuff and then gives us the right quantity to give her. I guess the Walgreens brand works okay but this whole week has been terrible for her :( Her sleeping schedule is way off and she's been so much more fussy. I'm still hoping that the sleep she's missed out on will be caught up eventually.

Another neat thing we get to do now that she's 4 months old is feed her rice cereal! I've been waiting forever to feed her cereal so that I could see if it helps her sleep longer. We've given it to her a couple of times but I don't think she quite loves it. I think it's too slow for her to eat with a spoon instead of breastfeeding. But we'll keep working on it and hopefully she'll get the hang of it :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4 months old!! Isnt it cute to see them grow and develop. Addyson is skinny and tall too, must be the family genes. Wish i was!! :) Honestly i never got either of my babies to sleep longer because of the cereal, so i uped the formula intake..addyson still doesnt sleep all night :( hum.. I also mix a little baby applesauce in with the cereal to give it some taste. Anxious to meet little Juliet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months? I always thought solids was 6 months. Not that I didn't rush it a little with Natalee. I think we did 4 1/2 months and gave her some vegetables. They usually really like sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete