Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Very Juliet Blog Post

If anyone can get the reference I'm making in the title, good job :) It really shouldn't be very hard for most of you if you are true fans.

Juliet has learned some new tricks this week! She figured out how to climb the couch! Well, it's really a futon so it is a LOT lower to the ground but she thinks she is so funny every time she does it. You can tell she likes to be a big girl and sit like mommy and daddy. I even taught her how to get down and she's only fallen off once. I'd say that's pretty good for how often she does it.

The other thing she likes to do is turn the tv on and off. We've been very fortunate it's taken her this long! She would push all the other buttons but yesterday she finally found the right one. The most annoying thing about it is that we have to push the input button on the remote every time we turn the tv on, so once she starts going we just have to wait. She eventually gets bored and she's so cute about it right now that we just let her do it.

Yesterday was her 12 month well baby check up and she is teeny! She only weighs 18 lbs 3 ozs! That is in the 7th percentile and her height is 29 inches which is like 49th or something. Her height used to be higher on the percentage but this time it seemed to drop, but I'm sure it's all supposed to slow down eventually. But I'm not worried and the doctor isn't worried because she eats and sleeps normally and is a generally happy baby. She has a little bit of dry skin so the doctor told us to give her a more cream like lotion and to apply it a couple times a day for two weeks to see if it gets better. If not, we'll let him know. Juliet cried every time the doctor and nurses got near her and for good reason! She got 5 shots! She did her super duper sad cry but she actually calmed down really quickly. We got her a toy to make it all better :) Hopefully we don't have to go back until her 15 month appointment!

On her sheet from the doctor giving us her stats, it also mentions certain milestones and behaviors that may be happening. One of them was tantrums :) And oh man am I worried! She gets so upset if we take anything away or tell her no. She'll usually calm down pretty fast and occupy herself with another toy but I am a little worried for when she gets a little older. I guess we'll see!

Juliet has started to relearn how to give kisses so that's been very sweet :) Today I was being kind of mopey and just laying on the couch and Tim told her to say mommy and she goes "Mama!" And then she gave me a kiss without any prodding! It was adorable and made my heart melt. We love Juliet and she is the sweetest baby ever :)

4 comments:

  1. I totally got the reference and I was wondering if you meant to... Apparently, you did!

    How is it that you've had this adorable little creature around and I've still not met her??? (Nor have I seen our picture from your bridal shower whilst I'm complaining!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha my mom would have that picture! i don't know if i have even seen most of those because we left to get married right after that. we'll have to stop by next time we come visit! usually we hang out at my parents house or lisa's house, but we love visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PSYCH!!! A very juliet episode. yup. juliet is adorable, the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you KNOW I'm a true fan! Got it right away! :)
    You do have a cutie pie. Don't worry, the tantrums don't last forever. (for MOST kids.....) I'm so sorry I forgot to call you back!

    ReplyDelete