Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gall Bladder Surgery

A couple weeks ago I started having this pain in the center of my chest and around my right ribs. This happened before about six weeks after Juliet was born, but the doctor just told me to get some antacids and tylenol. Those things just made me sick and after throwing up I felt better and didn't think too much about it until now. After about a week of the pain Tim and I decided to go to a doctor. They figured out it was my gall bladder but told me to schedule an appointment for an ultrasound the next week. That night the pain got so bad we decided to go to the emergency room. Apparently I had a gall stone blocking my bile duct and I was jaundice and turning yellow! It was so weird! That afternoon I had surgery to get the gall stones out and then the next morning my gall bladder was removed.

The surgery went well but it hurt so bad when I woke up until my pain killers kicked in. I felt like I was going to be in pain forever and need those pain killers my whole life but I'm feeling great now and the doctor says I can do everything again! Tim sure liked that part since he's been taking care of Juliet most of the time hahahaha.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Glad you're feeling better! And that you caught it before it did any damage! Blood poisoning (which is what I'm assuming it could have turned into) is no fun!

    ReplyDelete