Saturday, May 8, 2010

Most Embarrassing Moments

So tonight I thought that I had my most embarrassing moment ever, until Tim reminded me of another time where I had completely humiliated myself. I'll let you all decide which is worse.

1. I'm about 8 months pregnant and the girl in the elevator asks me when I'm due. After I tell her February I say, "What about you?" Of course she had to NOT be pregnant! I vowed at that moment that I would never assume that someone was pregnant.

2. Tonight I was writing a talk that I have to give in church about motherhood for Mother's Day. Needing advice, I decide to call my own mother. Since my phone was about dead, I ask Tim for his. I scroll down to "Home" in the contacts list and call it. The woman who answered the phone sounded tired, which surprised me because my mom normally isn't in bed at 9:30. Well instead of calling MY home, I realized that I had called TIM'S house and it's 12:30 in the morning there! I quickly hand the phone over to him while I agonize over my mistake of waking up my in-laws.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA This cracks me up. I did that once too! I called "Mom" on Justin's phone...but not quite that late at night..haha! So funny!! SO Glad you started the blog! Yippee! Now we can be friends forever and ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think Tim should have gone with the "I wanted to be the first to say Happy Mother's Day". Just saw a blog book yesterday. You should do one of those each year too.

    ReplyDelete