Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Naughty List

I've been trying to use Santa Claus to my advantage, but it's not really working out.  Yesterday I kept telling Juliet she needed to be nice and a good listener because Santa was watching and if she wasn't nice she wouldn't get the presents she asked for. Well at some point while we were out and about last night, one of us told her that she was being naughty and that Santa saw what she was doing.  The whole way home from the grocery store she did this continuous whine/moan.  I tried talking to her about the lights we'd seen that night and other stuff but finally she just said, "I need to be sad a little longer." I let her be said until we got home and then Tim told her she didn't have to be sad anymore.  She said she did and when I kept asking why she was sad she'd say, "because I'm not." I said, "you're not what??" She just kept repeating herself until I realized she was saying, "because I'm naughty!" I felt kinda bad because after I asked her if that's what she meant she kept going on about how Santa wasn't going to bring her the Rapunzel doll she wanted. So talk of Santa and especially the naughty and nice list is coming to and end for now.  Maybe next year I can use it to my advantage, but this year I'll have to just parent without Santa's help :)

2 comments:

  1. What kind of parents are you!? Hahahaha! Just kidding. Juliet better get that Rapunzel doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Juliet. Maybe she needs the Barbie rapunzel movie too!

    ReplyDelete