Thursday, August 4, 2011

38 1/2 weeks

I have 12 days until my due date! It's been awhile since I've blogged but a couple of weeks ago Tim graduated from BYU-Idaho and he's been home with me ever since :) It has been great since I am so pregnant and we've been able to take Juliet to the park just about every day now that Daddy can take her on all the big slides. I've also been able to sleep in and take longer naps because Tim is awesome and knows that it won't last long! And I guess I should say that Tim will be working on campus this fall teaching one class of German 101 as an adjunct professor. Sorry family members that I never told! So, we'll be in Idaho at least until December, but we're hoping that it might last a year. Tim is super excited and it's great for me because he'll only be in class one hour a day and then just doing his preparations for class, so we will get lots of Tim Time for the next few months.

Ok! Now a baby update! At my 37 week appointment I was at 3 cm and 50% effaced. So I wasn't getting my hopes up too high or anything for an early baby. But at my last appointment (38 weeks) the doc said she had moved up and for whatever reason that I can't explain he couldn't feel the part of my cervix that tells him how dilated I am so that I was probably about the same and I should walk more. Well that was not fun to hear. So, yeah, nothing too exciting and I guess we'll just wait to see what he says next week!

Juliet update! She is OBSESSED with Barney. At first I was ok with it because it was the only thing she would watch and actually sit and watch while I tried to get some things done, but now it is getting ridiculous. Bar Bar is the first thing she says when she wakes up and pretty much the only thing she says if we are at home. It's like she forgot how to play with her toys or something. But since she will soon be getting babysat while I go have a baby, I don't know if I can ban it yet in consideration of whoever the lucky babysitters get to be. Plus, she loves it and cries when we turn him off. I probably should do something but I am really just too tired to care sometimes. Any suggestions? We've been taking her out and stuff but even that doesn't seem fun to her all the time. I think she might be teething or something because she's just been kinda fussy in general lately. We have been having a lot of fun with her though and trying to take her out as much as possible before the new baby comes. Yesterday we took her to the new pool in Rexburg and she had a pretty good time until she got cold. Tim and I loved it and we are going to go again tomorrow but without Juliet so we can do some of the other stuff without worrying about watching her. She just loves to run around and is getting soooo fast! It's hard for me to keep up with her!

Anyway, that's about it for now, but hopefully we'll have some exciting news soon! And with pictures next time!

3 comments:

  1. My little brother was also obsesessssssed with barney, he owned 7 barney stuffed animals and i can still sing along to all the songs, so if juliette needs a barney-loving sing a long pal, then holler! (:
    also, i miss you guys and can't wait to meet the newest little mcfarlane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't try just yet to "wean" her off of the show, just because her new sister will be here any minute and you will be wanting her to be able to occupy herself while you guys have to take care of the baby. At her age it's really common for them to become infatuated with one certain show or theme--Cooper's was Yo Gabba Gabba. He would even wake up at 2 a.m. screaming and crying that he wanted to watch it, i swear we were about to have an intervention! She will slowly snap out of it and realize there is more to life than Barney :)

    ReplyDelete